Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Felix Pie Is Injured

This may be the only time I ever concern myself with a light hitting Chicago Cub outfielder. As I was surfing some baseball news I came across this.

"Pie is suffering from what's called testicular torsion, or, in layman's terms, a twisted testicle. It happened early in camp, but Pie had the problem reduced manually, sources said, and was able to continue playing. He was scheduled to have the corrective surgery on the Cubs off-day next Monday, but when Pie reported to camp with soreness Monday, the Cubs decided to get the procedure done today. "

Now after reading that I would think it is season ending but apparently it is 3 to 5 days. The part of having the problem reduced manually is that done by a trainer, a significant other, or himself. If done by himself that would put him right there with the dude who sawed his arm off with a butter knife after he got it smashed rock climbing.

The Cubs have said that they do not know how this happened, right and Kerry Wood has just minor shoulder irritation. I would probably be able to tell you in great detail if this had ever happened to me. Your nut decides to face the other way and you don't know how it got that way. I would have been under the assumption that if your nut got turned it would like a phone cord just hurt like a mother fucker and flip back the other way.

Well at least we know what injury Ben Sheets cannot suffer from this year.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ben Sheets will have both of his nuts all discombobulated.

slammer said...

I think you missed the point, Ben Sheets has a vagina

Rex said...

Dude, His last name is Pie. I love it.

I think his parents should have named him hair.

Anonymous said...

Hair?


Oh Hair Pie - I get it.

Man that was hilarious ---- when I was in 4th grade.